Carter of Corporate Behaviour
In recognition of our position as a global company committed to be a responsible member of the communities in which we live and do business, and to contribute to achieving a sustainable society, The Sharp Group has established a set of principles to guide our corporate behaviour. We will abide by the following principles while carrying out sound business activities in concert with our corporate creed of Sincerity and Creativity :
Practice of Fair and Open Management
- The Sharp Group will practice fair and open management in accordance with ethical business standards and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Sharp Group will also contribute to global development and understanding by conducting business activities in a manner that respects the cultures and customs of all countries and regions.
- The Sharp Group will also work to prevent corruption in all forms, including extortion and bribery.
Enhancement of Customer Satisfaction
- The Sharp Group will contribute to the development of society by creating innovative, original products and services that can revolutionize lifestyles across the globe, always seeking to offer people never-before-imagined possibilities while caring for the environment.
- To gain the trust of our customers and ensure their satisfaction, The Sharp Group will provide products and services that address our customers' needs and aspirations, and meet or exceed applicable industry standards for safety, quality, and reliability.
Disclosure of Relevant Information/Protection and Security of Information
- The Sharp Group will communicate with all of our stakeholders, beginning with our customers and including shareholders, investors, business partners and employees. In order to strengthen corporate accountability, disclosure of corporate information, as well as information on products and services, will be carried out in a timely and appropriate manner.
- The Sharp Group will work to safeguard the security of critical information in our possession, and endeavor to protect any personal and/or confidential information entrusted to us by our customers, employees, business partners and suppliers.
Contribution to Conservation of the Global Environment
- The Sharp Group will fulfill our responsibility for environmental conservation by promoting the creation of proprietary technologies that contribute to protection of the global environment, and by carrying out our product development and business activities in an environmentally-conscious manner.
Sound, Equitable Economic Activities
- The Sharp Group will engage in healthy, fair competition, in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Sharp Group will deal with business partners and suppliers in a fair manner.
Respect for Human Rights
- The Sharp Group respects fundamental human rights and does not knowingly engage in discriminatory actions in our business activities. The Sharp Group does not sanction child labor or forced labor.
Creating a Safe, Fair, Motivating Work Environment
- The Sharp Group strives to maintain a safe and comfortable workplace environment in which our employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, and in a manner consistent with the laws and regulations of each country and region where we do business. We seek to foster an atmosphere in which our employees can fully demonstrate their skills and abilities, and in which their diversity and individuality is valued.
Harmony with the Community
- The Sharp Group will work to coexist harmoniously with the local communities where we live and work, acting as a good corporate citizen and supporting activities that contribute to society through research, education, environmental conservation, and community service.
Implementation of The Sharp Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
- Under the leadership of its senior executives, The Sharp Group will develop effective internal processes, including periodic review, to ensure that our Charter of Corporate Behavior is adhered to.